Hello Dry Stone Canada members,
This is a notice that our 2019 AGM is coming up on March 23, 2-3:30pm, at Alton Mill Arts Centre, Alton, ON.
The Annual General Meeting is open to Association members and will include:
– President’s report
– Financial Statements
– Festival/Events committee report
– Election of directors
We will have a short Festival meeting following the AGM.
Please note the following:
- Only active voting members of the Association are eligible to vote.
- All members of the Association are urged to attend the Annual General Meeting.
- Please complete the online registration form to indicate whether you will be
attending the AGM.
- If you are unable to attend please complete and return the proxy form, which must be received by the association no later than Saturday March 16th, 2019.
- Please save the date, and let us know if you can join!
RSVP link (includes Proxy vote option if you cannot attend)
If you haven’t updated your membership for 2019, you can renew here:
We hope you can join us on March 23rd.
Hilary Martin & Eric Landman Co-Presidents
Bill Jeffers Treasurer & Workshop Coordinator
Doug Bell Secretary
John Bland Member at Large
Kenny Davies Member at Large
Andrea Cross Advisor
Teri Lee Barbisan Registrar
Update on Membership Levels
The Board decided in December 2018 to remove the Professional Member level for the Association. We are evaluating new ways to support professional development for wallers over the coming year. We encourage certified wallers aiming to advertise their services to register with Stone Trust which is linked through our site, and to build a portfolio website.
For 2019, all General Members will be listed our new Membership page, organized by region, and including professional information, e.g. certification level. We continue to support certification, professional development through workshops, and participation in formal training for both new and restoration dry stone construction.
If you have comments or are a professional waller and would like to share ideas on how the Association can support your needs, please send them along here: Dry Stone Canada contact