Dry Stone Canada will not be arranging for DSWA UK certification testing this year. However, Dean McLellan Stonework is. For any information regarding the following event please contact Dean directly.
Dean McLellan Stonework and the Saugeen Amphitheater restoration program, with the support of Upper Canada Stone and Landscape Ontario, will be offering a Dry Stone Walling Association of Great Britain, Certification Day on July 19 2019.
Location: Amphitheater in Saugeen Reserve Ontario Hwy 21.
MasterCraftsman certified Examiners:
- Level 1 certification is $475 CDN
- Level 2 certification is $575 CDN
- Level 3 certification*
- The above fee includes the mandatory DSWAUK international fee of $140 CDN
*To arrange Level 3 Exams contact Dean McLellan directly.
- Testing will begin at 8 am and run until 4 pm (with a mandatory half hour lunch).
- Level 2 examinees are responsible for providing their own batter frames etc.
- This is a rain or shine event so dress accordingly, with the required hard toe boots, safety wear and tools. Lunch is not provided.
Potential candidates are encouraged to research the certification process through the DSWA.org.uk web site.
Applications to examine must be submitted no later than June 1, 2019.
Note from Dean McLellan:
This will most likely be the only time that DSWA Certification will be offered this year in Canada. It makes for a terrific opportunity to not be missed for interested masons, wallers and anyone interested in furthering their skill set and achieving a world wide recognized certification in the craft!!
Anyone interested can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.