At the eastern end of Prince Edward County, south of Picton, there is a stretch of road (Morrison Point Road, along Accommodating Bay) that has some beautiful old farms walls. Some have been repaired, some modified, some unchanged. The residents who live along this stretch of road are quite proud of their bit of dry stone wall heritage and are working together to learn to rebuild some of the damaged sections. As well there are some who would like to enhance their property by building new walls in the fashion of the existing ones.
To that end Dry Stone Canada and the Morrison Point Road residents are planning to host a new build walling workshop on one of the resident’s property (to be determined).
- Fee is $200.00
- Location: To be determined (see Google map link to get a sense of the location)
- Time: 09:00 to 16:00
- Lunch and snacks are included
- Required Equipment:
- Safety glasses
- Safety boots (if you have them)
- Gloves (don’t bring expensive gloves they get shredded just as quickly as the cheap ones)
- Appropriate clothing – We work in all weather conditions
Registration and Waiver:
Please complete the and return following:
- Cheque or via paypal
- Make cheque payable to: Dry Stone Walling Association of Canada
- Send completed forms to email@example.com
- Or mail forms (and cheque) to:
- Bill Jeffers c/o Dry Stone Canada
- 24 Sword St.
- Toronto, On.
- M5A 3N2