Farm to Table/Stone to Wall
Carving Workshop at the Dry Stone Canada Festival on Amherst Island – SOLD OUT
As part of the festival we’ll hold a beginner/intermediate carving workshop. The workshop will be led by Danny Barber (Smith & Barber). Danny is a well respected carver and is based in Ottawa.
Learn how to carve ornamental details in limestone using traditional hand tools and methods. Students work at their own pace on a project set out and lead by the instructor using templates and models. Tools and materials are provided.
Banker tables will be outside under trees for shade and will move to a large work shed on the farm if the weather requires.
- Saturday, September 29 and Sunday, September 30
- Time both days: 09:00 to 16:00
- Lunch, dinner, and snacks are included
- You will be contacted by our Hospitality Coordinator to fill out a festival hospitality form once you register. Festival camping, local BnB, and billets are available.
- Space is limited
Festival Context and Location
- Workshop participants are part of the festival! Attend talks with international guests on Friday and Saturday nights, and meet wallers from across Canada and around the world.
- Directions: http://bit.ly/DSCan2018TopsyDirections
- Topsy Farms Location: http://bit.ly/DSCan2018TopsyMap
- The Ferry: http://www.amherstisland.on.ca/ferry.htm
- About Amherst Island: http://thelodgeonamherstisland.com/about-amherst.php
- Safety glasses
- Closed toe footwear
- Gloves (optional)
- Appropriate clothing
How to Register:
- Fill out Topsy Farms 2018 Carving Workshop Registration Form
- Read and sign Topsy Farms 2018 Carving Workshop Waiver
- Send us this paperwork
- Send payment
The workshop fee is $250 per person.
- Cheque or via paypal
- Make cheque payable to: Dry Stone Walling Association of Canada
- Send completed forms to email@example.com
- Or mail forms (and cheque) to:
- Bill Jeffers c/o Dry Stone Canada
- 24 Sword St.
- Toronto, On.
- M5A 3N2