Dry Stone Wall Workshop
August 25 & 26, 2018 – 9 am – 4 pm
10th Anniversary Reunion Workshop
We invite you to take part in a project where Dry Stone Canada, in conjunction with the Friends of Ferris Park, to rebuild a section of a heritage wall at Ferris Provincial Park near Campbellford, Ontario. This will be the 6th year for Dry Stone Canada participating in the wall rebuild, but it is actually the 10th year the workshop has been hosted by the Friends of Ferris Park. We are planning to make this an extra special event for 2018 and are hoping previous workshop attendees will come back!
Ferris Provincial Park is set in 200 hectares of beautiful rolling farmland and woods. Situated in this peaceful historic setting is a network of dry stone walls – up to 4 km long – that are at least a hundred years old.
The student course will cover important walling elements such as hearting, batter, through-stones, cheek ends, corners, and various types of coping. Participants will learn the basic techniques of dry laid construction including stiles and various structural solutions to carry out sympathetic repair of historic stone walls.
This is an excellent introduction to the basics of walling for persons of all ages and abilities.
To Register: Download the following forms:
Please print, complete, and send out the the waiver and registration forms electronically to: email@example.com with “Ferris Park” in the subject line.
- Time: 09:00 to 16:00
- Lunch and snacks are included
- A non-electrical campsite in the park (if required)
- Required Equipment:
- Safety glasses
- Safety boots (if you have them)
- Gloves (don’t bring expensive gloves they get shredded just as quickly as the cheap ones)
- Appropriate clothing – We work in all weather conditions
Registration and Waiver:
Please complete these and return
- Cheque or via paypal
- Make cheque payable to: Dry Stone Walling Association of Canada
- Send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or mail forms (and cheque) to:
- Bill Jeffers c/o Dry Stone Canada
- 24 Sword St.
- Toronto, On.
- M5A 3N2
The fee is $200 per person, and can be paid below.
PayPal – The safer, easier way to pay online!