Carving Workshop at the Dry Stone Canada Festival on Amherst Island
As part of the festival we’ll hold a beginner/intermediate carving workshop. The workshop will be led by Danny Barber (Smith & Barber). Danny is a well respected carver and is based in Ottawa.
Learn how to carve ornamental details in limestone using traditional hand tools and methods. Students work at their own pace on a project set out and lead by the instructor using templates and models. Tools and materials are provided. Banker tables will be outside under trees for shade, and will move under a large tent if the weather requires.
- Saturday, September 14 and Sunday, September 15
- Time both days: 09:00 to 16:00
- Lunch, dinner, and snacks are included
- You will be contacted by our Hospitality Coordinator to fill out a festival hospitality form once you register. Festival camping, local BnB, and billets available.
Festival Context and Location
Workshop participants are part of the festival! Attend talks with international guests on Friday and Saturday nights, and meet wallers from across Canada and around the world.
- Safety glasses
- Close toed footwear
- Gloves (optional)
- Appropriate clothing.
How to Register:
- Fill out The Lodge 2019 Carving Workshop Registration Form
- Read and sign The Lodge 2019 Carving Workshop Waiver
- Send us this paperwork
- Send payment
The workshop fee is $250 per person.
- Cheque, e-transfer, or PayPal
- Make cheque payable to: Dry Stone Walling Association of Canada
- e-transfer is to Dry Stone Walling Association of Canada. Email is to email@example.com
- PayPal link is below
- Send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or mail forms (and cheque) to:
- Bill Jeffers c/o
- Dry Stone Canada
- 24 Sword St.
- Toronto, On.
- M5A 3N2