Dry Stone Wall Restoration Workshop at the Dry Stone Canada Festival on Amherst Island
As part of the festival we’ll hold a beginner/intermediate dry stone wall restoration workshop. The workshop will be held at Poplar Dell close to the festival site. This workshop will continue work on a designated historic wall that we have worked on through two previous workshops.
Instructors and experienced wallers will assist workshop participants in learning the basics of walling technique and applying these skills to build the wall. Those enrolled in the workshop will work alongside experienced wallers, with a mix of learning basic walling standards set out by Dry Stone Walling Association of Great Britain and ‘learning by doing’. A significant section of wall has been restored through past workshops, so workshop participants can see and understand the style of wall they are building with the team. We will set up a ‘buddy system’ for new wallers to ensure a quality learning experience during the festival build.
- Saturday, September 14 and Sunday, September 15
- Time both days: 09:00 to 16:00
- Lunch, dinner, and snacks are included
- You will be contacted by our Hospitality Coordinator to fill out a festival hospitality form once you register. Festival camping, local BnB, and billets available.
Festival Context and Location
Workshop participants are part of the festival! Attend talks with international guests on Friday and Saturday nights, and meet wallers from across Canada and around the world.
- Safety glasses
- Safety boots (if you have them)
- Gloves (fyi – expensive gloves get shredded just as quickly as cheap ones)
- Appropriate clothing. We work in all weather conditions.
How to Register:
- Fill out Poplar Dell 2019 Restoration Workshop Registration Form
- Read and sign Poplar Dell 2019 Restoration Workshop Waiver
- Send us this paperwork
- Send payment
The workshop fee is $250 per person.
- Cheque, e-transfer, or PayPal
- Make cheque payable to: Dry Stone Walling Association of Canada
- e-transfer is to Dry Stone Walling Association of Canada. Email is to email@example.com
- PayPal link is below
- Send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or mail forms (and cheque) to:
- Bill Jeffers c/o
- Dry Stone Canada
- 24 Sword St.
- Toronto, On.
- M5A 3N2