Dry Stone Canada is very pleased to announce that we are having our first workshop in the City of Toronto. Ravina Gardens Park, in The Junction, has a community garden. The community has arranged to have a wall built to support the new pollinator garden they plan to install.
This wall will have a slight curve to it and will be built using quarried stone. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the basics of dry stone wall building along with incorporating stone into a garden design.
This workshop is suitable for beginners. No tools are required. Lunches and snacks will be provided.
- Location: Ravina Gardens Park, corner of Clendenan and Glendonwyne Rd.
- Time: 09:00 to 16:00
- Lunch and snacks are included
- Required Equipment:
- Safety glasses
- Safety boots (if you have them)
- Gloves (don’t bring expensive gloves they get shredded just as quickly as the cheap ones)
- Appropriate clothing – We work in all weather conditions
Registration and Waiver:
Please complete these and return via firstname.lastname@example.org or mail:
- E-transfer via email@example.com
- Cheque payable to: Dry Stone Walling Association of Canada
- Send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail forms (and cheque) to:
- Dry Stone Canada c/o Bill Jeffers
- 24 Sword St.
- Toronto, On.
- M5A 3N2